Talitha logo.png
ROTATE 360

Assigned to the Hawaiian Sea Frontier, the gunboat reached her new base, Pearl Harbour, on 2nd September 1942. For the next three years, USS Beaumont operated from Pearl on weather station duty, alternating with gunboat San Bernardino (PG-59), on stations designated only by the letters “B”, “C”, and “D,” operating between Midway and her home port, collecting meteorological data in support of the Pacific Fleet’s weather service. The cessation of hostilities found her still supplying information to the weather forecasters, and she remained on that duty through the autumn of 1945. 

<--  Swipe to Rotate -->