top of page
On February 20th, 1947 she was transferred to Bath Iron Works, Maine, for re-conversion to a yacht, where she emerged in 1949 as "Elpetal", having been purchased by the the president of the Elpetal Corporation of New York, Norman W. Woolworth. The yacht had undergone a complete refit inside and out, and left BIW bound for Florida with a crew of 34. Mr Woolworth kept Elpetal until 1957, when she was sold to Greek shipping magnate Maris Embiricos.
bottom of page